Thursday 23 May 2013

Mozzarella Bufala in the fridge? Then lets make Pizza...



This week I started my summer diet as in exactly two months' time it will be bikini time again on the beaches of Sicily...and then I spotted some Mozzarella Bufala in the fridge which needed to be used up... Result: diet flew out the window and a really delicious 12 inch pizza flew onto my plate! I'm feeling very guilty today... 


Thanks to my friend Emanuela from Piemonte for her tips on getting the dough just right. Unable to get the correct Italian flour - MANITOBA - which is very high in gluten, I used Tesco's (UK) Strong White Bread Flour which has similar protein values, which on contact with water produce the right quantity of gluten to get the base just right - light and crunchy. I just wish I had a proper wood-burning stone oven to get a good charred finish, but still, my electric oven gave really goods results on the hottest setting. Will be inviting my Italian cousins around for a Pizza evening in the next few weeks...



My dream wood-burning stone oven...

No comments:

Post a Comment